The Caribbean Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (CCREEE) is an institution of CARICOM with a mandate to promote Renewable Energy (RE) and Energy Efficiency (EE) investments, markets and industries in the Caribbean. CCREEE aims at improving access to modern, affordable and reliable energy services, energy security and the mitigation of negative externalities of the energy system by promoting RE and EE; supported by the CARICOM Energy Knowledge Hub (CEKH), hosted at the CCREEE, and designed to enhance, inter alia, the efficiency and effectiveness with which intelligence is created and shared among stakeholders.
Working from the CCREEE office in Barbados and reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Public Relations (C&PR) Specialist will participate as a team member in establishing the Centre and its strategic positioning regionally and internationally; in planning and executing the CCREEE Communications and Public Relations strategy and activities; and in building a positive CCREEE image and brand regionally and internationally. Key responsibilities:
- Supports and advises the Executive Director on the strategic positioning and development of CCREEE within the regional and international sustainable energy markets;
- Develops, implements and monitors the communication and public relation strategy of CCREEE;
- Establishes communication and public relations policies and guidelines, for internal and external use, and related templates, presentation formats, logos, etc.
- Ensures visibility of CCREEE, its major partners, policy positions and activities in regional & international fora;
- Coordinates media activities with the CARICOM Energy Unit, OECS, UNIDO, SIDS DOCK and other partners;
- Ensures effective communication among the CCREEE Secretariat, National Focal Institutions (NFIs), Thematic Hubs (THs) and other partners and stakeholders in the Caribbean region and internationally;
- Assists and empowers local experts to establish effective public awareness and public relations processes;
- Participates in the organization, and manages the communications for and promotion of, regional and international key events of CCREEE (e.g. conferences, side events);
- Monitors the media coverage on CCREEE and relevant RE&EE news and maintains the media and photo archive of CCREEE;
- Organizes interviews, press briefings, awareness campaigns and other outreach activities; facilitates the publication of CCREEE interviews and articles in RE&EE expert magazines;
- Prepares and updates public information material (e.g. video, newsletter, brochures) and handles incoming requests for information relating to CCREEE and renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) issues;
- Leads the maintenance and updating of the CCREEE website and all appropriate social media platforms;
- Supports the CCREEE technical team in promoting RE&EE knowledge sharing;
- Prepares speeches and presentations for the Executive Director in cooperation with the CCREEE expert staff.
- Citizenship in a CARICOM Member State
- University degree in communications or public relations; relevant postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- At least 7 years’ work experience in communications, public and media relations;
- Work experience in sustainable energy, environment or climate change is an added value;
- Working experience with an international organization is an added value;
- Proficiency in computer applications, internet systems and content management for websites;
- Outstanding communication, presentation, networking and journalistic writing in English; knowledge of Spanish and or French is an added value.
Applicants should submit the following:
- cover letter outlining motivation and the relevance of experience and qualifications to the role;
- full résumé of personal (including citizenship), educational & employment details (in reverse chronological order); and
- names and contact information (telephone & email) for four professional referees (in no instance will a referee be contacted without prior notice to and consent of the applicant).
Please submit your confidential application by email, captioned in the subject line “Communications & Public Relations Specialist” to:
LPD Hall & Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd September 2019.